If you’d like your baby or toddler to be able to join in the Halloween fun this year, then these one off events and activities across the city should be perfect for you. Please note most will require booking and will be popular, so early booking is advised.
1. Kirkstall Abbey Scarecrow Trail – 30th Oct – 4th Nov, 10.00am.3.30pm – The Abbey will be hosting a ‘not so scary’ scarecrow trail around the abbey ruins and playing a game of spooky hide and seek with the little ones. Suitable for toddlers and babies in carriers. No booking required. Pick up a trail sheet from the Visitor Centre, open 7 days a week except Mondays. please note the Abbey is closed on Mondays).
Kirkstall Abbey Visitor Centre, Abbey Road, Leeds LS5 3EH. Tel: 0113 3784079
2. Rainbow Factory Spooky Five – 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 25th & 26th Oct 2018, 10.00am-2.00pm – The Rainbow Factory will be exploring 5 of their favourite spooky books throughout October in preparation for Halloween! Through crafts, singing, messy play, dancing, games and interactive theatre they will bring the stories to life in a way you haven’t seen before. Including Funny Bones and Room On The Broom. Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking advised.
Springfield Commercial Centre Bagley Lane, Farsley, Pudsey LS28 5LY. Tel: 0113 257 5750
3. Halloween Toddler Party at The Beulah – 31st October, 5.30pm-7.00pm – Have a toddler and stuck for what to do On Halloween? Too young to trick or treat but old enough to understand. Take them along to the baby & toddler friendly Halloween party. Kids only buffet and Disco is included in the ticket price. Baby sensory area also. Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking required.
The Beulah, Tong Road, Leeds LS12 5EP. Tel: 0113 231 0477
4. Rave From The Grave at Goals Leeds – 25 Oct from 10.30am-2:00pm – A Boomchikkaboom event, Rave From The Grave will have singing, dancing, sensory lighting, bubbles, foam party AND as a one off special treat Goals will be providing a FREE mini buffet to sample their new menu. Suitable for 0-5 years. Booking required.
Goals Leeds, Redcote Lane, Kirkstall Rd, LS4 2AW Leeds. Email: email@example.com
5. Dark Garden Halloween Trail at Hollybush Conservation Centre – 28th Oct, 5.00pm – 7.00pm – Halloween Event for toddlers and younger children. Lanterns will light the way on a magical and fun activity throughout the Hollybush garden. Join them for apple bobbing, potion tasting and other spooky fun. Suitable for toddlers and babies in carriers. Booking required.
Hollybush Conservation Centre, Broad Lane, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3BP. Tel: 0113 274 2335
6. Halloween Party at Eddie Catz Soft Play, Mothercare Crown Point – 29th October 2018
BABY PARTY: 3pm-4pm, for children 0-18 months. Time to play, a visit from Eddie Catz and a Halloween themed sensory session from My Baby Can Dance Leeds.
TODDLER PARTY: 4.30pm-6pm, for children 18 months to 7yrs. Time to play, a glitter tattoo and entertainment from Dancing Tots (Halloween themed)
Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking required.
Crown Point Retail Park, Junction St, Leeds LS10 1EW. Tel: 0113 244 0555
7. Halloween and Firework Messy Moo Music Special at Adel SSC – 2nd November 2018, 9.45am – 11am – Enjoy your favourite Moo Music and a variety of Gooey firework and Halloween themes stations to get messy with. This session is suitable for sitting to 5 years. Booking required.
Adel Sports and Social Club, The Old School, 34 Church Ln, Leeds LS16 8DE
Moo Music are also holding a Halloween Pumpkin Party at The Milk Churn in Scarcroft on 31st October 2018 at 10.45am. With singing, dancing and props, a Halloween themed craft activity and a spooktacular take home gift. Plus use of the outside play area
Milk Churn, Scarcroft, T.D Goodall Dairy, Beech Grove Farm, off the A58 in Scarcroft. (LS14 3HQ)
Both sessions are suitable from sitting to 5 years. Tel: 07932 501904
8. Shake, Rattle & Boogie Halloween Boogie at Calverley Methodist Church – 29th October 2018, 10:00-11.00 and 11.00 – 12.00. A dance and music class for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers with a spooky twist! Watch the story of ‘Room on a Broom’ come to life through singing, dancing, music & laughter! This fun and interactive workshop is £5 per child. Suitable for children from 0-5 years. Booking required.
Calverley Methodist Church, Carr Road, Calverley, Pudsey LS28 5PY. Tel: 07984 158281
Other Halloween Boogie sessions are also available in Adel and Holt Park.
9. ARTventurers Halloween Party at the ACA Alwoodley – 30th October, 10am-11am – Spooktacular Halloween party for children aged aged 6 months to 6 years. Squidge, squish, paint, explore, sing and dance with ARTventurers. Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking required.
ACA Alwoodley, The Avenue, Alwoodley Leeds LS17 7NZ. Tel: 07810 497977
10. Diddly Oms Halloween Yoga Spooktacular – 27th October 2018, 10.00am – 11.15am – A Saturday spooktacular Halloween special from walking – 5 years. Including an extended yoga class, games and Halloween goodies for each little one with refreshments and cakes available after until 12. Suitable for toddlers. Booking required. Tickets £7 contact Helen 07764963312 to book your place.
Horsforth Central Methodist Church, 84 Town St, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4AP
Your local Leisure Centre will often have something on too, although these haven’t been published yet. Keep an eye on our October Half Term (Inc Halloween Parties & Activities) page and we’ll publish details here as soon as they’re released.
If you’d like to give Pumpkin Picking a go with your Toddler then we have also created a handy spot to the best Pumpkin Picking Patches in the local area.