If you’re looking for something fun to do with the family on New Years Eve, here’s our top 10 things happening locally. If you’ve got any other recommendations for the day, please share them in the West Leeds Mumbler Chat Group.
Hope you have a great time, what ever you end up doing.
1. Boomchikkaboom Family Rave at New Craven Hall – Join the rave for dance battles, face painting, confetti cannons, candy floss, bubbles, snow machines and more. The event is aimed at 0-11 years but all ages always welcome. Two party times, either 10.30am-12pm or 1pm-2.30pm. Booking required, follow the link for details.
2. Disney New Years Eve Party at The Rainbow Factory – Join some of the best-loved characters from Disney classics for this sparkling event, sprinkled with pixie dust! Take a story trail with Rapunzel, dance with Belle, enjoy a sing-along with Elsa, get crafty with Snow White! Then dance your socks off at the mini foam party & grab a special Rainbow Factory party bag to take home! Booking required, follow the link for details.
3. Gingerbread Trail at Kirkstall Abbey – Find all of the gingerbread men and women hidden around the abbey and answer some questions for a little sweet treat. FREE no booking necessary.
4. Rodley Nature Reserve – If you fancy a winter walk without too far to travel, the reserve and visitor centre is open on New Years Eve from 10am-4pm. Take your binoculars to see what you might spot from the hides.
5. Outlaws New Years Eve 2017 – Celebrate the NYE in traditional relaxed Outlaws style with friends, family & resident djs providing the tunes. The party starts from 3pm with Balearic Social hosting the afternoon session. Plenty of board games to play and delicious food to enjoy. Free entry.
6. Leeds Wheel of Light – With a system of 25,000 LED lights, the 33m high illuminated big wheel gives the whole family an opportunity to experience a bird’s eye view of Leeds cityscape during the festive period.
7. The Harry Potter Family Trail and Challenge – Pick up your free trail sheet from Leeds Central Library counter and explore the magical Harry Potter exhibition as a family. There will be challenges and tasks along the way that will help you find out lots of things you might not have known about the real life myths and legends behind some of the magical elements in the Harry Potter stories.
8. New Years Eve at The Bankhouse Pub, Pudsey – A night for all the family. Live music curtesy of No Image. FREE entry. 3 course meals available £21.95 bookings between 6pm and 7pm. Fireworks at midnight for those who can stay up.
9. Family New Years Eve Party at Pudsey Congs Cricket Clu
b – See in the New Year with a Fantastic Fancy Dress Party, dressed as your favourite Movie Star. Free Entry, disco, Non Members welcome, plus Families can stay all night.
10. Magic Lantern Festival, Roundhay Park
– Prepare to enter a magical experience and discover life-sized and large-than-life lanterns in all shapes and forms, from ‘Polar Bears on Ice’ to a magnificent giant ‘Chinese Temple of Heaven’ lantern recreation. Booking required, see link for details.